Friday, December 31, 2021

New Year’s Resolutions

 (An update of a previous blog.  I am hoping if I post it, it will motivate me to complete my resolution.)

How many of you make New Year’s Resolutions?  Is it to stop a bad habit or lose weight or exercise more?  Getting healthy sure is a good thing to do.

But what if your resolution was to be more creative?  What if you made a promise to yourself to do more art or sewing or learn a new craft? 

 Every year I go through my unfinished quilting projects and decide which one I am going to finish for the upcoming quilt show in March.  It is amazing to me when I find I only have a little more to do on a project for it to be finished. 

Other years I have promised myself to take advantage of the classes my quilt guild offers.  I have learned different ways to quilt on my home sewing machine, new ways to appliqué, new embroidery stitches (after a recent class with our guild I can now do a successful bullion stitch) and can now piece a Y-seam in a quilt block.

This coming year 2022 I want to try more embroidery techniques.  I plan to join a hand embroidery group at a local quilt shop.  There are two quilt tops that I want to add embroidery too.  I am hoping if I work on it around other people will motivate me to actually do it but also help me to get ideas of motifs to embroider and stitches to use. 

Why not make sure you add some creativity to your resolutions list?  You can still break a bad habit, lose weight and exercise more but make sure you also create new art that represents who you are and what your 2022 brought to your life.

Happy 2022 to you.

Cheryl

 

©2017, 2019, 2021 - Cheryl Fillion

No comments:

Post a Comment