Friday, February 24, 2017

Raz-a-ma-taz

RAZ-A-MA-TAZ!!  I like that word.  I like how the z's just bounce off my tongue when I say it.  I like the smile it puts on my face.  I like the feeling it gives me. And I like how it has no meaning what so ever. 

I say it has no meaning because I can't find it in my dictionary.  But it does mean something. It's just that it has different meanings to different people. 

The last time I saw the word on anything was on a neon sign for a club in my hometown.  I was never in the club but I imagine lots of glitter and neon lights and loud music.  I think Raz-a-ma-taz when I see my metallic pinwheel tied to my front porch  railing reflecting the 5:00 sun in the afternoon as the breeze twirls it.

To me  Raz-a-ma-taz means light.  It means lots of color, bright solid colors in quilts.  It means buttons, feathers, metallic trim and sequins embellishing those quilts.  It means a new contemporary pattern that is done simply to emphasize all of it.  The idea of light bouncing off the trim and fabric makes me smile just like the word makes me smile.

Raz-a-ma-taz - what does it mean to you?  What do you think of when you hear the word?  What feelings come from you when you say it?  What is in your life that makes you think Raz-a-ma-taz?

Think about it.  And when you find your Raz-a-ma-taz, fill your life with it.  Get as much of it as you can.  It's the only way to live.

© 2017 – Cheryl Fillion


No comments:

Post a Comment