Saturday, January 28, 2023

Inspire your Heart with Art Day – January 31

 I like holidays.  Give me a reason to celebrate anything and I am there.  I like not only the major holidays (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc.) but I like the silly obscure holidays (Eat a hot dog day, Talk like a pirate day, National Scotch Tape Day, Cat day, Dog day).  They make life silly and fun.  I decided this year I would find an unusual holiday each month and do something special on them. So I guess for me, 2023 will be the year of the holiday. 

 

The one that attracted me for January (other than New Years day) is January 31 which is Inspire Your Heart With Art Day.  It seemed to fit not only the title of my blog but the subject of it.  And it is really so easy to do. 

 

Think about it.  Art is everywhere.  You can visit a gallery. Go see an exhibit you have seen before or one that is brand new to you.  You could check out any of the movie websites and find a movie to watch.  Find something commercial or even something a little ‘artsy’.  Listen to music.  Attend a play or ballet.  Go to a poetry reading or create a reading of your own with friends.  Pick up or paint brush or your needle and create something beautiful.

 

So whatever your heart desires (pun intended).  And maybe share that art with someone you love.  Invite a friend or family member to the gallery or play or dance with you.  Write your loved one a poem.  Paint a picture to send to someone on Valentine’s day.

 

Think of how art makes you feel.  What thoughts does it invoke, what feelings.  You might even want to try a new art form to inspire your heart. If you are not one to go to a ballet or dance performance, do so.  If you never stepped into an art gallery, today is the day.

 

So on January 31st, do something with any kind of art that will inspire you or excite you.  And let me be the first to wish you a Happy Inspire Your Heart with Art Day.

 

©2018, 2023- Cheryl E. Fillion

No comments:

Post a Comment