Friday, May 11, 2018

Artistic Graduations


There are a couple of businesses in my town which offer artistic parties. You scheduled a day and go for a birthday or shower.  You create something while you are there and often times they decorate or provide a cake based on whatever theme you choose.  I would have loved this kind of birthday party growing up.

The other day I was thinking about the upcoming graduations of some of the students I teach which got me to thinking of my graduation.  Wouldn’t it be fun to have an artistic graduation?  Either go to one of these businesses and schedule something for everyone to make or create one of your own for the artist you love who is graduating high school or college.

Suggest that gifts could be art supplies or gift cards to art supply stores.  Or have some sort of project that everyone can make and take home as sort of a party favor from the graduation celebration.

A few years ago I was trying to sort out what I was going to do with the next part of my life by making collages.  How about a big collage (or lots of little ones) representing what everyone at the celebration wants for the graduate.  What type of career, or success, or adventure you wish for them.  And then of course present it to the graduate at the party’s end.  Maybe if there is time, explain to the graduate (and other guests) what your collage means. It would be a great way of sharing your best wishes for them.

Wouldn’t this be a great way to celebrate that graduating artist? And to any graduates out there reading this:  Congratulations and best wishes for your future.

©2018 Cheryl Fillion

No comments:

Post a Comment