Friday, October 16, 2020

Raz-a-ma-taz in Action -Part 2

So now to finish my pennant. I have a lot of beads and sequins so I decided to play with some of those.  Since I bordered the edge with some fuzzy yarn, I wanted a little fuzzy in the design.  So I felted some little white hearts.

I started with a small heart but it looked lost in the pink, so I added another slightly larger one.  That looked better. 

                                   


This is where I decided to add some beads.  When working with small beads, I have trouble stitching the bead down where I can see the smooth side of the bead and not the hole.  It took some poking of the bead while I was stitching and stitching it down a couple of times, but I finally go the bead to do what I wanted. 


                                        

I have some sequins of various colors and shapes, not just the round sequins you normally think of.  I didn’t have any pink or white ones but I thought silver would go great with my pennant.  I decided to go with some fun shapes like a simple daisy and also some diamond shapes.


The daisies I put up at them in a row.  Now here is something to remember, if you have a sleeve along the back to be able to put a rod through and hang it, don’t tack anything to the sleeve area to the front.  Stitching or even glue will close your sleeve shut.  So I made sure to put my little sequins along the stitch line of the sleeve.  It helped cover up the stitches in the front.




 The other sequin shaped I found fun was the diamond shaped one.  I wasn’t sure how I was going to add it until I found a special button I wanted to put at the bottom of the pennant.  So I lined them up from the smaller heart down toward the point of the pennant. The daisies I attached with pink threaded French knots but these little diamonds I waned to play with more beads.  So I added a bead to the center of the diamond.




The final addition to my pennant was a special button I had – a flamingo.  I like flamingos just as much as I like hearts.  So when I found it, I decided to add it to this fun little Raz-a-ma-taz.  If nothing else it makes me smile when I see it.




What would be your Raz-a-ma-taz?



©2020 Cheryl Fillion


No comments:

Post a Comment