Friday, October 9, 2020

Raz-a-ma-taz in Action

In July I posted my blog on what the word Raz-a-ma-taz means.  When I think of it I see lots of light, color, glitter.  I have been thinking about the word ever since.  With everything that is going on in the world right now, I thought I needed some Raz-a-ma-taz.  so I decided to make a prayer flag.

 I started imaging what it would look like.  Now usually prayer flags are square or rectangle but I have seen some which look like pennants.  That is what my Raz-a-ma-taz needed to be: a different shape, a shape that represented a celebration of some sort. 


How big should my Raz be? I decided the size of typing paper would be good.  It would be big enough for designs but not so big to be overwhelming.



     

So now the fabric.  What to choose.  Well about the time this was all going through my head I came across a box of items I needed to sort (trying to unclutter a bit) and there was a pink, satiny crepe type remnant of fabric. Perfect.  It was pink – a favorite color.  It had a sheen to it and a bit of texture.  That was what I was going to use.  When I cut it out with my pattern,  I added about an inch to the top to be able to make a sleeve for hanging.



                                          



Now what to put on the pennant?  I didn’t want to hem the flag (truth be told I hate hemming) but I did have some fuzzy yarn so why not edge the pennant with the yarn.  It would certainly make it noticeable.



It is time for more designs.  And I also need time so I will show you what I came up with next week.  See you then.


©2020 Cheryl Fillion


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment