Friday, December 25, 2020

It’s a New Year

Here comes 2021!  Every year at this time we wonder what the new year will bring.  Last year at this time we had no idea how 2020 would turn out.  But now we can say that year is over and we can start anew.

 

I am hoping for this year that fewer people become sick and fewer people die.  In my little part of the world, I am hoping for some selfish things.  I hope I can attend our local quilt show.  I am hoping to spend more time with friends.  I am hoping that I can be more creative and not have my energy used up with thoughts and worry about our world.

 

As always I want to try new creative things and finish some of my UFOs (un-finished objects).  I want to read more books for pleasure. I want to try some new recipes and make more of my favorite ones.

 

I want to spend time with others – old and new friends.  And I want to make sure that everyone in my life knows that they are cared for.

 

I want to do all the things that were cancelled during 2020.  Go to quilt shows,. Attend quilt meetings.  Be able to go to the Nutcracker Ballet (this past December wasn’t the same without the sugar plum fairy).  Have a meal in a restaurant.  And have friends over to my house.

 

So come on 2021, bring us good times and fun and laughter. 

 

©2020  Cheryl Fillion

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment