Friday, October 27, 2017

What I Learned


Today’s blog might be a little off topic from my usual crafty, artsy blog but I wanted to share this.  This has been a difficult month both physically and emotionally for me. I was recently diagnosed with diabetes and along with that I had difficulties with a new doctor (who is no longer my doctor).. But here is what I have learned through it all:
1- Stick up for yourself because no one else will.

2- Don’t let anyone judge you because they do not know what you have been through in your life.

3- You have more friends than you realize.

4- When someone asks for your opinion, be honest even if it seems mean because the other person involved may have a lesson to learn; even if that other person is a doctor.

5- If you don’t get the answer you want, keep asking.

6- Be careful what you say because you may have to act on it (I always said I would give up my beloved coca-cola if I had to for my health and I had to.  No I haven’t tried the zero coke yet.  I might at some point).

7- Learn everything you can about what you need even if some the reading is conflicting information.

8- Don’t be afraid to tell others what you are going through.  You never know who will have helpful information or wonderful hugs.

9- God has a plan for you but sometimes it takes a while for the plan to start. (and sometimes you are the plan for others – see the above item 4).

10- Sometimes what seems like the worst thing to happen can often be the best thing to have happen.

And from me to you:  Stay Healthy, Everyone.

 

©2017 Cheryl Fillion

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment